Soy ingredients are in thousands of food products, many of which we use every day. From cake mixes and baked goods to cooking oils and toppings, soy is in demand. The protein, vitamins and essential amino acids in soy make it a healthful food with many versatile applications.
This teriyaki rice bowl highlights just how versatile and tasty soy can be. From the tofu and edamame in the main dish to the soybean oil it’s cooked in, soy gives this dish a distinctive taste you and your family are sure to enjoy. Don’t just take our word for it. Give this or one of the many other soyfood recipes from www.soyconnection.com/recipes a try.
Teriyaki Rice Bowl
- 1 tablespon Soybean Oil
- 1 14 ounce package tofu firm, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce reduced sodium
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cups carrots shredded
- 1 cup Edamame shelled and thawed
- 1 cup broccoli florets cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups brown or white rice cooked
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add tofu, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in teriyaki sauce, water, carrots, edamame, broccoli and red bell pepper. Bring to boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve over brown or white rice.