Long winter days call for meals made with the hearty goodness of meat and potatoes. This time, instead of relying on the slow-cooker, fire up the grill and bring a taste of summer to the table. This quick and easy dish is sure to please as it serves these wintertime favorites with a little flair.
The farm- and ranch-raised beef in this recipe provides 10 essential nutrients your body needs like protein, iron, zinc and vitamins. A 3-ounce serving of lean beef provides the same amount of protein as three servings of black beans with less than half the calories.
Steak and Potato Kabob Meal
- 1 1/4 pounds beef sirloin steak
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing light
- 2 16 ounce canned potatoes drained and halved
- 1 Green bell pepper large, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8-10 kabob skewers
- 4 1/2 cups Watermelon chopped
- 6 slices garlic bread
- Cut steak in half and slice into 1/4-inch-wide strips. In mixing bowl, combine picante sauce and Italian salad dressing. Reserve 1/4 cup for basting kabobs on grill. Add steak slices to remaining sauce, stirring to coat.
- Thread kabob skewers with steak (accordion-style) alternately with potatoes and green pepper pieces. Place kabobs on grill over medium heat. Baste with reserved sauce. Cook 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and baste with remaining sauce. Cook an additional 3 minutes or until desired doneness. Discard any remaining sauce.
- Serve with watermelon and garlic bread.