In honor of National Dairy Month we’ve got a delicious waldorf salad recipe for you from Midwest Dairy. It is light, refreshing, and coated in a delicious lemon yoghurt dressing. This salad would make a great side for a picnic or potluck, and the best part is it’s quick! You can whip this salad up in less then 30 minutes.
Did you know that South Dakota has 150,000 dairy cows that contribute to your dairy intake? Stores use local dairy milk to stock their shelves to keep their milk fresh. It is that easy to shop local! Those milking cows consume 1,026,564 bushels of soybean meal every year that is produced by our very own soybean farmers!
Celebrate national dairy month by making this yummy recipe. Watch the video below to learn how to make it!
Tip: if you don’t like pecans, slivered almonds would also make a great topping!
We’d love to see how your salad turned out! Take a photo tag us on Instagram with #hungryfortruthsd.
If you need more recipes to celebrate National Dairy Month we’ve got you covered! Check out our French Toast Recipe made with lots of butter, eggs, and cream. This would make an awesome yummy breakfast for your family. Another fun option is our Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwich. This one is a crowd pleaser for sure!
- 6 ounces nonfat lemon yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups red apples diced unpeeled
- 2 cups green apples diced unpeeled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 ounce Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted and chopped
- Combine yogurt and vinegar in a large bowl; whisk until smooth.
- Stir diced apples in the dressing to coat (this will keep the apples from turning brown).
- Stir in cranberries, celery, onion, and Gorgonzola cheese; cover and chill.
- To serve, sprinkle toasted pecans over salad.