Looking for a zesty summer dish? This savory summer lime chicken recipe is full of delicious flavors perfect for a summer evening dinner. While preparing to cook this dish, a trip to the meat counter at your local grocery store is most likely in your future.
Have you ever seen chicken at the grocery store labeled “no added hormones”? You might be surprised to find out that farmers do not use growth hormones in poultry at all. While there are no added hormones in poultry, hormones do occur naturally in all living things and are nothing to fear.
Be sure to share this new information with friends and family as they try your latest tasty dish. Read on to learn how to make this savory summer lime chicken.
Recipe courtesy of Hy-Vee. Find more recipes at hy-vee.com.
Savory Summer Lime Chicken
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Hot Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Hickory House Breath Buster Rub
- 4 Chicken Legs Quarters
- 3 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro Fresh, Chopped, for Garnish
- 1 Lime Cut into wedges, for serving
- Heat grill to medium-high heat
- Combine paprika, cumin, hot chili powder, smoked slat, black pepper and rub. Rub onto chicken quarters. Brush with oil.
- Place chicken skin side up on grill for 12 minutes. Turn chicken and cook for 10 minutes more until thickest part of chicken quarter reaches 165 F. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Top with chopped fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Carbohydrate: 3 grams
Cholesterol: 320 milligrams
Dietary Fiber: 1 gram
Fat: 77 grams
Protein: 67 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
Sodium: 840 milligrams
Sugars: 0 grams
Trans fats: 0 grams Daily Values
25% vitamin A
15% vitamin C
30% iron Source: http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/SafetyHealth/ProductSafetyInformation/ucm055436.htm