Is there anything better than warm banana bread fresh out of the oven? Definitely not! This delicious banana nut bread recipe is easy to make – it only takes nine ingredients – and comes from local farmers John and Sue Krutzfeldt from Wolsey, South Dakota. It’s a family favorite that was passed down from Sue’s grandmother.
As it gets closer to springtime, John and farmers across the state are gearing up to head into their fields and start planting soybeans. You might not know that most soybeans grown here in South Dakota go to feed livestock like the chickens that lay the eggs you’ll use in this recipe. Farmers work hard to raise safe and healthy crops so we can enjoy delicious food throughout the year.
You will find the recipe below. Let us know how it turns out when you try it. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
Try these other delicious, farmer favorite recipes:
Banana Nut Bread
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 mashed ripe bananas (preference)
- 1 cup ground nuts (optional)
- Directions: Preheat oven to 350 F
- Stir together flour, soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Stir until mixed.
- Stir in mashed bananas and nuts (if applicable). Add flour, soda and salt mixture.
- Bake at 350 F in an 8-inch square pan or two loaf pans for 55-60 minutes.