A fruit medley is the perfect addition to any summer picnic. When you’re out buying groceries for this refreshing fruit salad, you’ll likely face plenty of choices. With so many buzzwords like all-natural, organic, GMO and more, it can be hard to decide which products are best for you and your family.
While many decisions can seem overwhelming, you can rest assured you’re making good choices. Both organic and non-organic foods are safe, healthy and nutritious. You can have confidence in choosing any of these options.
Want to learn more about choices and labels?
Share this useful information with friends, enjoy the freedom to choose different products and have confidence in our safe and healthy food supply.
This recipe is courtesy of Hy-Vee. Find more recipes at hy-vee.com.
Fiesta Fruit Medley
- 2 Cups Blueberries
- 2 Cups Strawberries Quartered
- 1/2 Cup Jicama Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Red Onion Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Basil Finely Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice Fresh
- 1 Tablespoon Blueberry Agave Nectar
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Flakes
- In a medium bowl, toss together blueberries, strawberries, jicama, red onion and basil.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and agave nectar. Toss with fruit. Cover and chill for two hours until serving time. Top with coconut flakes before serving.
Carbohydrate: 12 grams
Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Dietary Fiber: 2 grams
Fat: 0 grams
Protein: 1 gram
Saturated Fat: 0 grams
Sodium: 0 milligrams
Sugars: 8 grams
Trans Fats: 0 grams Daily Values
2% vitamin A
50% vitamin C