Beef, it’s whats for dinner. Did you know that South Dakota is home to nearly 14,000 beef producers? When it comes to beef and your health, you can be rest assured that it is safe, nutritious and wholesome. We teamed up with South Dakota Beef Industry Council to share a quick and healthy beef stir fry recipe.
Here’s an easy summer beef stir fry recipe that packs a sweet and tangy punch. Enjoy!
Recipe provided by the South Dakota Beef Industry Council For more information about all things beef and South Dakota beef farmers and ranchers, be sure to head over to South Dakota Beef Industry Council.
Lemongrass Beef w/ Avocado
- 1 lb Beef Flank Steak
- 1/2 cup low-fat sesame-ginger salad dressing
- 2 tbsp refrigerated fresh lemon grass paste
- 2 tbsp bottled Korean sweet sesame red chili sauce
- 3 tsp garlic-flavored olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 cups sweet mini peppers (orange, yellow, red) cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 Fresh California Avocados peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- Combine dressing, lemon grass paste and red chili sauce in small bowl. Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Place beef and 1/2 cup dressing mixture in medium bowl; mix well. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add peppers; stir-fry 2 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Combine cooked beef, peppers, avocados, parsley and remaining dressing mixture in large bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly.