It’s almost that time of year, the holiday season is upon us! And there is nothing better than gathering around the table with the ones you love and eating a fantastic meal. However, not all of us have the time to spend hours on end in the kitchen creating the perfect meal. We’re sharing one of our favorite side dishes, Crockpot Cranberry Sweet Potatoes, that not only take little effort to make but also taste amazing and will have your guests asking for the recipe.
This recipe is from Heather Beaner’s personal recipe box! Heather is a South Dakotan soybean and corn farmer after she took over the farm for her father. She loves serving this side dish because it’s a quick and easy crowd favorite and absolutely delicious.
In this recipe, we’re using sweet potatoes, cranberries, and delicious fall spices! How tasty does that sound?! All you need to do is toss the ingredients in the crockpot or slow cooker and let it simmer to perfection.
Watch the recipe video to see the full rundown of ingredients and how to cook for the best result.
Happy cooking & happy holidays!
Crockpot Cranberry Sweet Potatoes
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Soybean Oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Cranberries
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes washed, peeled and diced into 1 in. pieces
- sprinkle Pecans chopped, optional
- sprinkle mini marshmallows optional
- In a crockpot, mix orange juice, butter, oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Cover and cook on high while prepping the potatoes.
- After you've washed, peeled, and diced your sweet potatoes into 1 in. pieces, stir potatoes into the warm mixture and cook on high for 2 hours.
- After two hours, add your cranberries to the mixture and cook on high for only ONE more hour.
- We recommend serving after 3 hours of cook time. And enjoy!