Beef tostadas are how we’re celebrating National Beef Month! We partnered up with the South Dakota Beef Industry Council to make their super simple and tasty beef tostadas recipe.
Did you know that South Dakota is home to an estimated 4 million head of cattle? That’s nearly five animals for every person in the state! What’s even better is that beef is part of a healthy diet. Lean beef is a heart-healthy, nutrition-packed protein that just happens to taste delicious too.
What better way to support cattle farmers and celebrate National Beef Month than with delicious beef tostadas? All this recipe needs is a little prep time to let the steak marinate, and the rest is pretty quick to throw together! We used lettuce, cheese, onions, and salsa for our toppings, but you could add any of your favorite tostadas add-ons.
Watch below to find out how to make this recipe!
Beef Tostadas Recipe
Want to know more about how beef can be a healthy part of your diet? Read our blog on Five Healthy Reason to Eat More Beef! Make sure to tag us on Instagram if you make any of our delicious recipes too. We’d love to see your farm-to-table meals.
Grilled Beef Tostadas
- 1 beef strip steak boneless
- 1-1/4 cup HERDEZ Casera salsa
- 4 small corn tortillas (toasted or pre-made tostadas)
- 1 cup no-salt added refried beans
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup Red Onion diced
- Place steak and 1/2 cup Herdez® Casera Salsa in a food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals, or cook in a pan. Grill (or cook in pan), covered, 7 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on a preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 10 minutes) for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steaks lengthwise in thirds, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick pieces.
- Spread each tortilla with 1/4 cup of refried beans. Top with lettuce, beef, and the remaining 3/4 cup salsa. Sprinkle with cheese and onion.