Fill your table in style this holiday season with warm comfort foods baked in a new Le Creuset Dutch oven.We’ve teamed up with Plum’s Cooking Company in Sioux Falls to give away this premium 5-1/2-quart Dutch oven, valued at $330, allowing you to go from stovetop to oven without creating more dirty cookware. Simply read the contest rules then fill out the form below to enter for your chance to win.
No matter what brand of cookware you use, it’s a safe bet that Bourbon Glazed Chicken will be a hit with your hungry crowd. When selecting chicken for this recipe, check the package for the USDA Grade A rating to make sure it’s been inspected. One thing you don’t have to look for is whether the chicken is hormone free. The FDA prohibits farmers who raise chickens from using hormones, so there’s no need to spend extra for the label on the package.
South Dakota soybean farmers help ensure you’re eating quality meat by growing the healthy crops to feed chickens and turkeys. Soybeans are rich in protein and amino acids, making them an important component in animal feed. Get the behind-the-scenes scoop on what chickens eat by reading this blog then head out to Plum’s Cooking Company and your local grocery store to pick up the ingredients for this mouthwatering Bourbon Glazed Chicken.
Bourbon Glazed Chicken
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Shallots chopped
- 1 medium size onion
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 3-4 lb chicken
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tsp bourbon smoked paprika
- 1 tsp bourbon smoked sea salt
- 1 tsp bourbon smoked pepper
- 6-7 baby red potatoes
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 bottle Plum's Sweet Bourbon Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In cast iron Dutch oven, saute butter, shallots, onions and garlic until translucent.
- Sear chicken on top and bottom. Leave breast side up.
- Add raisins, paprika, sea salt, pepper, potatoes, and pour chicken broth around chicken.
- Pour half bottle of sweet bourbon glaze over ingredients.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Take out and add the rest of the sweet bourbon glaze.
- Finish in oven for 20 more minutes or until chicken is at an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Once finished, take out of Dutch oven and place potatoes and chicken on a platter.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!