Lean beef is a great way to give your body the protein, vitamins and minerals it needs. Plus, few things get the mouth watering quite like the aroma of a steak sizzling on the grill on a spring night.
Beef is a healthy part of a balanced diet. It has eight times more vitamin B 12, six times more zinc and two and a half times more iron than a skinless chicken breast. South Dakota farmers take pride in raising healthy livestock for your family’s table. They provide their animals with a diet prescribed by a professional animal nutritionist, with protein-rich soybean meal, while providing comfortable shelter and carefully monitoring animals’ health.
In other words, beef can be a healthy and hearty source of protein in your diet. You can start with this zesty sirloin pita salad sandwich. You’ll find this recipe and more like it at www.midwestdairy.com/recipes.
Sirloin Pita Salad Sandwich
- 2 8 ounce plain yogurt fat-free
- 2 teaspoons Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoons Parsley minced
- 1 tablespoons chive minced
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 pound sirloin or rib-eye steak trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 4 pita bread rounds 4-inch, whole wheat, cut in half moons
- 2 1/2 cups mixed salad greens arugula, radicchio, baby spinach leaves
- 2/3 cup Blue Cheese crumbled
- 1/2 small red onion sliced and separated into rings
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- Spoon yogurt into medium bowl and stir in garlic, parsley, chive and oregano until well blended. Set aside.
- Rub both sides of steak with salt and pepper. Heat medium, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steak about 6 minutes on each side for medium or until desired. Allow steak to rest 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
- Warm pita halves in toaster. Into each pita half, spoon 1/4 of the yogurt dressing, mixed salad greens, Blue cheese, onion, steak and tomato. Spoon additional yogurt dressing over top.