Cool weather, leaves turning colors, sweaters and boots: These are sure signs fall is here. But the surest sign of all is when stores are packed with pumpkin-flavored everything. Soap, candles, drinks, snacks and everyone’s favorite: lattes. A stop at your favorite coffee shop for a pumpkin spice latte every day might not be in the budget, so we found an easy recipe to bring the pumpkin latte right to you.
This latte is made with soy milk, which is an excellent source of protein and B vitamins, and a great alternative to dairy milk. It comes from our favorite soybean farmers right here in South Dakota and all over the U.S. who put great care into growing safe and healthy crops.
Soy milk is very comparable to dairy milk in terms of consistency, so it’s your best bet for the foamy goodness you might be used to with dairy milk lattes. And because soy is known for its ability to bring out the flavors of other ingredients, the soy milk in this recipe really makes the espresso and pumpkin flavors pop. You can find more information about soyfoods and nutrition here.
What are your favorite signs of fall? Let us know in the comments.
Homemade Caramel Pumpkin Soy Latte
Pumpkin Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- Pumpking Cream
- Caramel Sauce
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 1 1/2 cups Soy Milk
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Hot Strong Brewed Coffee
Pumpkin whipped cream
- Beat cream with sugar until soft peaks form.
- Add vanilla, pumpkin puree and spices. Beat to stiff peaks.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring pumpkin puree, syrup, and spice to a low simmer. Slowly whisk in soy milk and vanilla extract. Bring mixture to a low simmer and then remove from heat.
- Transfer milk mixture to a blender or food processor. Pulse until mixture is foamy and frothy
- Divide hot coffee into 3 cups. Pour hot milk mixture over each cup of coffee. Top with pumpkin whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.