Need a recipe to win over the crowd at your game day party, but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen? Enter this jalapeño bacon cheeseball recipe. Pair it with some crackers and veggies, and fans will be coming back for more.
Before you tackle this recipe, you’ll probably need to head to the store to pick up your ingredients. Here’s a quick shopping tip: You don’t need to pay more for bacon labeled as hormone free. The FDA doesn’t allow the use of hormones with pigs or poultry, so that label is simply marketing, and there’s no reason to pay extra.
Watch this video to see step-by-step how to make this delicious jalapeño bacon cheeseball.
Hosting the game day party? Here are a few other recipe options:
What’s your favorite dish to make for the big day? Let us know in the comments.
Jalapeño Bacon Cheeseball
- 8 slices Bacon diced
- 1/4 cup almonds chopped
- 1/4 cup Parsley fresh, chopped
- 2 8 ounce packages Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1-1/4 cup cheddar cheese yellow, sharp, grated
- 1 1 ounce package ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup jalapeños finely chopped
- 1/4 cups Green Onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel lined plate. Once cool, chop into small pieces. In a small bowl, mix half of the bacon with the chopped almonds and parsley. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ranch seasoning mix, jalapeños, green onions, cayenne pepper and the remaining bacon.
- Place mixture in a bowl and cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and shape into a ball using wax paper to prevent the mixture from sticking. Roll the ball in the mixture of bacon, almonds and parsley. Place on a platter and serve with crackers and fresh grapes.