This deep-dish pizza recipe is as easy as homemade pizza gets! We love pizza night but sometimes you have to switch it up. This delicious recipe is a fun twist on your classic homemade pizza and can still be customized with any toppings or sauce you want!
Using a cast-iron skillet for this recipe makes cooking and clean-up so easy. And don’t worry, we won’t judge you if you use homemade pizza dough and sauce if that means more time for the family!
Pro-tip: this is a great recipe to sneak vegetables in for the kids since they’ll be buried beneath sauce and cheese! They’ll never know the difference.
Deep Dish Pizza Recipe in a Cast Iron Skillet:
We’d love to see how your pizza turned out and what toppings you added! Take a photo of your deep-dish pizza and tag us on Instagram with #hungryfortruthsd.
Cast Iron Deep Dish Pizza
- pizza dough
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- crushed red bell pepper flakes to taste
- toppings of choice!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat a 10-inch cast-iron pan with olive oil and run a garlic clove around for seasoning.
- Spread pizza dough on the cast iron pan, making sure to press against the sides.
- Sprinkle in half of the mozzarella cheese, then add your toppings, then sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, crushed red bell pepper flakes and grated parmesan cheese.