Just because a meal is delicious and flavorful doesn’t mean it has to be difficult to prepare. This beef burrito recipe is proof. Combining the healthy goodness of lean, farm-raised beef with cheese, salsa and spices will make this recipe a favorite you’ll come back to time and time again. Find more tasty options at www.midwestdairy.com/recipes.
South Dakota’s farm families raise a wide range of food products. Whether it’s soybeans and corn or beef, cattle, chickens or myriad other products, farmers take great pride in growing food that’s healthy and nutritious. They also do it while conserving our natural resources. Now, doesn’t that leave a good taste in your mouth?
Beef Burritos With Pepper Jack Cheese and Baked Beans
- 1/2 pound beef sirloin ground
- 2 teaspoons Garlic minced
- 1 cup Salsa chunky, divided
- 2 cups brown or white rice cooked
- 6 9-inch tortillas whole wheat
- 1 15-ounce can Black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 11-ounce can corn kernels drained
- 2 cups Pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Green Onion sliced including green tops
- In medium non-stick skillet, brown ground beef and garlic over medium heat. Break beef mixture up into smaller chunks with a spoon. Drain fat and stir in 1/2 cup of the salsa; set aside.
- Spread 1/3 cup of rice on center of a tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Scatter about 2 tablespoons of beans and 1-1/2 tablespoons of corn over rice. Spread 1/3 cup of the beef mixture and 1/4 cup of the cheese over corn. Top with 2 teaspoons of the salsa and a few pieces of green onion. Fold in two opposite edges of tortilla one inch each and roll up. Place on microwave-safe dish, seam side down.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas. Place burritos in a microwave oven and heat 1 minute or until heated through. Serve with remaining salsa and baked beans.