Game day is a great time to show off your snack making skills. Whip up a Serrano Popper Crescent Ring to impress football fans and foodies alike. Filled with chicken, ham, cheese and spicy peppers, this crescent roll recipe guarantees everyone is a winner. Just don’t forget the ranch and blue cheese for dipping.
While planning your football party menu, remember South Dakota soybean farmers are fans of putting healthy and safe food on your table. They also contribute to enhancing your football experience in some pretty surprising ways. Here’s a fun fact to share with your party guests: Soybeans can be used to create athletic turf. The turf in the Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium at South Dakota State University is just one example of a football field covered with innovative BioCel® technology, which is more sustainable than typical petroleum-based polymers.
Create your Serrano Popper Crescent Ring by watching the video below. We also recommend trying these past game day favorites Chef Jeni’s meatballs, prosciutto cheese bites and jalapeño bacon cheeseball.
Serrano Popper Crescent Ring
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup cooked chicken diced
- 1 cup ham diced
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 3 small serrano peppers diced
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 8-oz cans Pillsbury crescent rolls
- Ranch and Bleu Cheese for Dipping optional
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a large baking sheet with oil.
- Add cream cheese, chicken, ham, cheese, serrano peppers and paprika to a bowl. Mix to combine well.
- Take the crescent rolls and lay the long end out in a ring, overlapping them to form the base. The center circle should be about 5 in. in diameter.
- Spoon filling mixture around the crescent ring.
- Pull each dough triangle up and over mixture and make sure to secure edges.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with blue cheese and/or ranch dressing