Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and you need more than the standard turkey to feed your hungry guests. We have you covered with this maple-glazed turkey with sage butter and bacon, plus sides! With sweet potato bites, honey-roasted carrots and deviled eggs, your Thanksgiving dinner will be sure to please.
South Dakota farmers raise approximately 5 million turkeys per year. That’s enough to give nearly six turkeys to every person in South Dakota.
Did you know that turkeys like to eat local, too? They are fed a nutritious diet packed with protein from South Dakota soybeans. South Dakota soybean farmers are proud of the fact that they provide the number one source of protein for the poultry that provide the great food we all enjoy. Most turkey farmers work with an animal nutritionist who prescribes a healthy diet for their animals. Nutritionists love soybean meal for its protein, but also because it includes essential amino acids. Those healthy animals make for a healthy, protein-packed meal for your Thanksgiving dinner.
Sweet Potato Bites
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes scrubbed and sliced 1/3-inch thick
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 80 mini marshmallows (approximately)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place sweet potato slices on the sheet.
- Sprinkle each sweet potato slice with brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Top each slice with 3-4 mini marshmallows.
- Broil 1-2 minutes, or until marshmallows are toasted.